Friday, December 26, 2008

Tiger Shark Pilot Designs


Geeez... it's been FOREVER since I updated this thing and I feel bad. But the good news is I have been working. Probably not as hard as I should be working...but working nonetheless. PAGES are forthcoming! But you guys [all five of you!] want to see artwork nooooowwww! All right awwreedy! Enclosed is a illo I did a few years ago. Me and my friend Derek [ inker of Batman Detective Comics ] wanted to pitch something to Wildstorm around the turn of the century. He had cultivated a good relationship with them and wanted to branch out and write/ink something for them. He asked me to help...now for the life of me I can't remember the particulars. It had something to with I.O./Stormwatch or some such nonsense. Oh wait, now I remember, it was a story about the Black Razors. Needless to say it didn't go anywhere, but we had fun thinking stuff up and became good friends. He was and remains one of my staunchest supporters.


Anyhoo, Derek asked me to re-imagine the Razors and this is what I came up with. So what's this have to with Orbiter? Well I'm not one to let a half-way decent illo go to waste. When I created a squadron of fighter pilots to help protect the space station ,I called them Tiger Sharks. Think Black Tigers from Star Blazers or the fighter pilots from Battlestar Galactica and you've got a good idea for the "feel" I was going for. So no more Razor design but yes to Tiger Shark pilot uniforms. The design on the extreme left will be the one that gets used...

No comments: